Should your bag match your shoes?

Co-ordinating accessories — once a fashion faux pas — is now a hot new trend. So do you or don’t you? That is the question

21f4d685b6c6710101efe42481416362 Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 9.26.29 PM

WORKING in the media and particularly as a former fashion director, it is often assumed that a “fashion authority” must have a special password into a secret style society. That you possess some little piece of wisdom that no one else has.

It is also assumed that you are a beacon of knowledge and information of all things sartorial, which gives people the right to ask questions. And ask they do!

Women want to know  “how to”. How to do anything better … but where do I start, the list is endless! How to dress with more dash than cash? How to wear the latest trend? How to wear the hot new colour? Or how to dress like the uber sartorialists?

But two of the most commonly asked questions are: Should my bag match my shoes? And should my accessories match?

The “art” of co-ordinating or matching one’s accessories is referred to as “matchy matchy”. Not an extremely fashionable word or even vaguely academic, but it pretty much sums up the notion of those who conform to matching their bag with their shoes. For years, anybody who dared to be so conservative as to co-ordinate their accessories, let alone their colour schemes, was met with much disdain. It’s a bit like wearing one label head to toe I guess. Well kind of, but not really.

The general consensus — and contemporary dictates of fashion — would answer “no” and “no” to both questions.

However, not everyone agrees. Many women like to match their shoes, bags and accessories as it finishes off an outfit. It looks more polished and complete. It’s like the full stop at the end of a sentence.

“One of the most dramatic fashion about-turns in recent seasons is the trend of co-ordinating accessories”

But it’s a woman’s prerogative to change her mind, so that might explain why fashion gets away with being just as fickle.

So it will come as no surprise that one of the most dramatic fashion about-turns — and less reported on in recent seasons — is the trend of co-ordinating accessories. During recent collections, many designers sent models down the runway in head-to-toe looks — with bags, shoes and outfits all in matching fabrics — reinforcing, or more to the point, highlighting the trend.

MM collage

I was in fashion heaven! Not so much about the idea of matching fabric, but more about the validation of my own personal style.  This was my “hallelujah” moment because those of you who know me, get that I like to co-ordinate my accessories (shoes, handbag, glasses, jewellery etc). Some might even argue that I have OCD issues!

For me, fashion — and more importantly, style — is all about co-ordinating or matching colour and texture with my accessories. If I wear black shoes, my bag will be black, my belt will be black and anything else such as glasses frames and gloves, necklaces and bracelets. And when it comes to textures, I match patent leather with patent leather, mock croc with mock croc, saffiano leather with saffiano. Get the picture!

“Every woman needs to build a collection of classic basics;
that way you’ll get a lot more bang for your buck”

However, when it comes to prints and patterns it’s a little different. If you love a print or patterned bag (or shoe), identify the base colour and co-ordinate accordingly; if the primary colour of the patterned bag is red, then wear a plain red shoe. And vice versa.

But I also like to take it a step further. I make sure the hardware — the buttons, buckles and studs — on garments and accessories match as well. I’m a silver person, so I generally opt for silver, steel or platinum finishes.

MM gold buttons

Which brings me to another commonly asked question. Should you wear gold and silver jewellery together?

The contemporary dictates of fashion would say “yes”. Me? No. I would never wear a gold watch with silver jewellery, or even a brass belt buckle if the buttons on my jacket were silver. See! Told you I had a problem!

When all is said and done, most of us can’t afford the luxury of a wardrobe full of matching accessories; not just financially but the space required to house such a collection. So the smart money says that every woman needs to build a collection of classic basics; that way you’ll get a lot more bang for your buck. Or rock a statement accessory or two.

But despite whether the fashion world changes its mind again — well it’s their prerogative after all as it is with every woman — I will continue to match my accessories.

Do you like to match your shoes with your bag? Do you have a particular favourite thing to wear? Is this a trend you will follow?
I’m waiting to hear what you think. Ever stylishly yours …

Share:

53 Comments

1. October 16, 2013 / 1:26 am

Matching accessories are a great way to pull a look together. If you are completely clueless when it comes to these, keep staple items and colors on hand so that you'll always be matched perfectly.

2. October 16, 2013 / 9:29 am

Hi Julia,
    Thanks for your comment. I couldn't agree with you more!
    Goes to the heart of why it is so important to build a wardrobe of good classic basics!
    Enjoy, Anne-Maree

3. November 10, 2013 / 9:34 pm

Thanks so much for this article, I found it really helpful. I actually found myself typing into google moments before "Should my shoes match my bag" and up came your blog post! I have an upcoming wedding on Saturday (I posted the dress and the shoes I bought on my blog) and found that I have a little handbag the exact same colour as my shoes. But for some reason, in the back of my mind I felt that matching would be a horrible mistake! Just the same way I thought 'Blue and Greens must never be seen', but happily realised the two actually go really well together.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

Thanks for this post! Made me feel much much better about matching my shoes to my bag this weekend. What about nail polish as well? Too much? What do you think?

All the best!

4. November 11, 2013 / 10:24 pm

Hey Mara,

Thank you for your comment! So glad you found my advice helpful and you were able to reconcile your concerns about "matching your shoes to your bag".

Depending on your colour palette, there is no reason why you shouldn't paint your nails in a complementary shade. Particularly pertinent if the base colour of your outfit is red, orange, pink or even black.

But without knowing what you are wearing (however, I did notice the gorgeous blue/green shoes on your blog), sometimes it's safe – and stylish – to opt for a classic French polish, a simple buff or a nude tone.

However, whatever your choice, I'm sure you'll look wonderful!!! Have a great weekend and all the best to the married couple!!!

5. Anonymous
    November 16, 2013 / 8:18 am

Should you wear luggage color shoes with black slacks?

6. November 16, 2013 / 11:09 am

Hi there Anonymous!
    Thank you for your comment, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean.
    By "luggage colour", do you mean brown? If so, then yes you can wear brown shoes with black slacks. It would look even even better if you had a brown bag as well.
    Hope this helps!
    Regards, Anne-Maree

7. Anonymous
    January 21, 2014 / 12:32 pm

And "hallelujah" from me too! I have just watched an episode of 'What Not To Wear' where they told one of the girls that you should never match your shoes to your bag. I was completely thrown by it. I have practically lived by this rule, at least since I started to actually think about what I wear which isn't long considering my few short 19 years. I don't even remember why I decided to take this to heart, I'm sure I read it in a magazine somewhere or maybe the internet but still, I have always liked the outcome of 'matchy-matchy' and though I never go so far as to match every single accessory (simply because I'm an extreme 'less-is-more' kind of person, so the less I wear the better. A matter of practicality) I always try to match my shoes and bag, especially if it's a new outfit or a special occasion. So of course, I ran to the internet to read up on as many opinions of this issue as I could and thankfully the majority verdict seems to be "subjective", or as I like to say, "whatever floats your boat" and that's exactly what I love to do when it comes to fashion. Plus, all the other articles and blog posts I read seem to make the bag the focus of attention in this argument but I strongly believe it should be the shoes. And if you don't have a bag to go with them, so what? grab the plainest one you own to wear so that the shoes can be the absolute focus because they deserve it. Clothes only have the "wow factor" when they become an outfit, split them apart and they could be any old dress, skirt, trousers etc. but shoes, well, they could sit on a table and still stun us into delighted silence, as they so often do. So I think I'll stick to my "matchy-matchy" and thank you very much for this post Anne, I was about to have a fashion meltdown :D

Sam

8. January 23, 2014 / 7:45 pm

Hey Sam,
    Thank you for your glowing endorsement! It was lovely to read your post. And your comment "that clothes only have the 'wow factor' when they become an outfit" is so right. It is perfect! So enjoy.

9. March 17, 2014 / 7:49 pm

Could I know the brand of floral bag and shoes?

10. Anonymous
    April 27, 2014 / 8:46 pm

I've seen many shows where fashion artist were guest & some concluded your shoes & accessories should NEVER match. I was at an event where I saw a lady with a navy outfit, pink shoes & orange accessories. It waa absolutely GORGEOUS together.

11. April 29, 2014 / 5:30 am

I, too, am very matchy matchy; (I have touched on the subject in a jewelry post on my blog) so I try to match my bag and shoes whenever possible, and I make sure my handbag hardware, belt, etc. matches with my jewelry. Glad to see I'm not the only one, haha! The mixing metals trend has helped me branch out a little, but even then, I prefer to have a necklace that incorporates both gold and silver if I'm wearing gold and silver rings/bracelets ;)

12. April 29, 2014 / 9:16 pm

Hey Ange,
    Thank you for for comment! Yes … glad to know I'm not alone!!!!
    But I love that you wear a necklace that incorporates both gold silver allowing you to wear whatever colour jewellery! Great idea.
    Cheers,

13. Anonymous
    May 20, 2014 / 11:32 am

I'm wearing a black and white sundress with a pink sweater to a bridle shower. Any suggestions what color shoes to wear? I thought maybe black shoed and a pink purse but…not after reading the above comments.

14. May 22, 2014 / 8:22 pm

Hi there,
    If you wish to wear black shoes and a pink purse, you can. It doesn't really matter what I or anyone else thinks or says. Wear whatever makes you feel happy and comfortable.
    So enjoy the bridal shower!

15. Anonymous
    May 26, 2014 / 4:23 pm

Please what kind of sheo and bag colour can macth a drees with green and crime colour

16. Kamsdaddy
    May 28, 2014 / 9:53 pm

I brought my wife a red handbag and a wallet, she is upset because I didn't buy shoes to match. I told her she can wear a black dress and black shoes. Was this wrong? I think the bag is hard to match anyway. Advice please

17. June 16, 2014 / 12:34 pm

Hi there,
    Thank you for reading my blogpost and asking the question.
    My first choice, without seeing the dress, would be trying to match the green or the crimson in the dress.
    Crimson or a hot fuschia pink is quite big right now, so maybe you could try pink shoes and bag,
    If it becomes too hard to find the right colour pink or green, you can never go wrong with black shoes and a matching black bag.
    Cheers,

18. June 16, 2014 / 12:37 pm

Hey Kamsdaddy,
    What a wonderful husband your are! Red handbag and a matching red wallet! I'm very impressed.
    Yes, red shoes would have been great, but you can't always get what you want when you want it. I have no doubt, that one day, you or your wife will find a pair of red shoes that will match.
    However, in the meantime, yes of course your wife can wear a black dress and black shoes. It will be more than okay.
    Enjoy and thank you for reading my blog post.

19. Anonymous
    June 23, 2014 / 2:06 am

Hello! That was a lovely post to read :)
    I wanted to ask for your opinion on something: i'm thinking about buying a short royal blue dress, almost purple, and pair it with some nude heels. Now, the dress comes with a neon yellow belt that I love and also want to wear. Should my purse be the same colour as the belt? Or should I go for a more neutral, shoe-matching colour? Thank you so much, keep up the fantastic work!

20. June 23, 2014 / 1:09 pm

Hi there Anonymous!
    Thank you for reading that post and asking for my opinion.
    You have two options.
    ONE: Going nude. If you already have a nude-coloured purse that matches your shoes, then that would be perfect. But if you don't, finding one will be relatively easy. It's a classic colour and if you choose a fairly plain, basic style, you'll get years of use and wear out of it, thus making it a real investment.
    TWO: Going neon-yellow. This is also OK, but a neon-yellow purse might be harder to find. If you have the time and inclination to search for one, then go for it. But remember, that while a neon yellow purse might be on-trend now, it may not be next year or the year after that, therefore limiting it's wearability.
    Personally, I would go a nude-coloured purse.
    Trust you'll make the right decision.

21. June 23, 2014 / 1:14 pm

Hi there Anonymous,
    Thank you for your comment, and I have to add there are no rules to match or not to match. It comes down to personal opinion. I have no doubt that the woman in the navy outfit, pink shoes and orange accessories would have looked amazing.
    Cheers, Anne-Maree

22. July 20, 2014 / 8:41 pm

Hello Anne-Maree,

Thank you for your post. I also stumbled across your post upon googling matching bag with shoes. Thank you for enlightening and confusing me lol.

I have purchased these gorgeous shoes (http://www.styletread.com.au/created-floral-printed-satin.html) for a garden wedding this spring and as I prefer flat shoes and jeans, I am stumped as to what colour dress and bag to get. I was thinking pale pink dress and purple bag but I'm probably way off?

Would you have any suggestions?

23. July 20, 2014 / 10:22 pm

Hey Megan,

Thank you for reading this post and asking for my opinion. But I"m sorry if after reading it, that you felt confused!
    I love the shoes! Perfect for a spring garden wedding.

You could actually wear anything with them, because of all the colours. However, I would suggest something plain.

Your suggestion of a pale pink dress with a purple bag would be just fine. But a bag that matched the dress would be even better. Or even a plain black bag.

At the end of the day, you have to be comfortable whatever you choose.
    Im sure you'll look fantastic on the day!

Enjoy,

24. Anonymous
    February 11, 2015 / 4:03 pm

Nice article. Had fun reading all the comments too. I also strongly believe that there is no do's n dont's in fashion. When you are done, you should like what you see in the mirror. I usually match everything only if i want the color of the outfit to be the center of attention. Like the lovely brown picture you have up there. If i buy a new accessory like a bag or earrings, i will wear them with unmatched outfits that just have a speck of that color so that the accessory stands out.

Do you have any idea about different style jeans for different figures? I havent found a good read yet.

Charanya

25. February 11, 2015 / 9:25 pm

Hi Charanya,

Thank you for dropping by!
    You are absolutely right about "do's and don'ts". At the end of the day, you – and only you – have to be comfortable in what you are wearing.
    You are also fine to let your accessories "shine" or "stand out". And why not! They don't necessarily have to match anything else. As long as you have the confidence, you can wear anything you want.
    As for a jeans post, I don't have anything planned right now. But seeing as you've asked for it, I will deliver. But I can't promise exactly when. I'll try and get one up soon. If you subscribe, you won't miss out!

Regards,

26. Anonymous
    May 14, 2015 / 1:55 pm

Thanks for posting this, such great observations by You and Your readers, I am going to a wedding in June in Belize (Garden Casual), I bought a lovely vintage pink dress with a silver belt and wasn't sure if I should wear silver shoes to match the belt, but now I feel confident it will tie it all together magnificently

27. May 14, 2015 / 10:24 pm

Hello there,
    Thank you for dropping by and reading my post and everyone's comments!
    A wedding in Belize! How wonderful.
    Your vintage pink dress with a silver belt sounds absolutely beautiful. And yes, silver shoes would be just perfect!
    Enjoy the wedding!

28. June 8, 2015 / 4:50 am

Hi i have a black jump suit with yellow and coral on it, i want to pair with yellow wedges but only have a lemon clutch. Will this do or should i go for a black clutch ? X

29. June 11, 2015 / 9:38 pm

Hi May,
    Thanks for dropping by!
    Jumpsuit are very on-trend at the moment! Sounds like fun.
    Of course your lemon clutch will work, especially if you wear yellow wedges. It also sounds quite summery.
    However, a black clutch is a wardrobe staple, so would be just as suitable.
    I'm sure you'll make the right decision.
    Enjoy, Anne-Maree

30. September 13, 2015 / 9:18 pm

My daughter keeps telling me that it is 'wrong' to match my shoes and purse. I happen to love my collection of matching shoes & purses!! I go to great lengths to find an odd colour pair of shoes or an unusual colour purse and then make a matching set. I think it is so fun. My clothes are neutral loose fitting casual stuff.

31. September 14, 2015 / 2:11 pm

Hi there Unknown,
    Good for you and your collection of matching shoes and purses!
    I know not everyone agrees with this school of thought, but it always looks so polished.
    And if your wardrobe is made up mainly of neutrals, you could have a lot of fun with colour!
    Also, thank you for dropping by and leaving your thoughts!

32. Anonymous
    November 29, 2015 / 3:19 am

If I for example have a pink dress … and I wear black bracelets and ear rings .. what colour bag and footwear should I use ?

33. November 30, 2015 / 8:49 am

Hi there,
    Thank you for dropping by!
    I would suggest you wear black shoes and a black bag.
    If it's winter where you are, perhaps choose a black pump.
    But for summer, go for strappy black heels.
    Enjoy

34. November 30, 2015 / 8:49 am

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

35. Anonymous
    December 1, 2015 / 11:50 am

Appreciated your article. At 70+,I find that styles have changed as far as wedding guest attire. Somewhat blew it in Nov and now my eldest grandson is marrying in 2 weeks. I am wearing a navy long gown. What should I do about shoes and purse? I have a rather large selection "on loan" from dept stores.Found a navy clutch with silver hardware and an equally lovely pewter one. Recently read that the matching blue leather pumps I just purchased would be passe. Should I look for pewter/dull silver shoes? Or do you have a different suggestion? Earrings will either be blue stone in silver setting or blue stone/cz. So delighted to see you are still answering posts.(Dress has a few almost invisible sequins on the bodice and a full flowing skirt.) I like to look quietly stylish. Thank you. Gail

36. December 2, 2015 / 9:44 pm

Hi there Gail,
    Thanks for dropping by!
    Wow, a wedding in two weeks.
    Your long navy gown sounds absolutely gorgeous; very stylish!
    But I think trying to match with navy shoes might be tricky. Navy can be a hard colour to match as there are so many different dye lots of navy that it can be hard to match.
    So I would agree with you and suggest an elegant silver shoe that matches the silver hardware on your navy clutch would be perfect!
    Alternatively, a pewter clutch and pewter shoes would also be good.
    Also, your jewellery sounds beautiful. Blue stone earrings in a silver setting – perfect!
    The key to success is simplicity and elegant sophistication.
    So go and enjoy your wedding! You'll be a star.

37. Anonymous
    December 4, 2015 / 1:04 pm

Thanks so much for your response, Anne-Maree, as well as your blog addressing this issue.
    I'm all set- found a perfect pair of pewter shoes to match the clutch.(A little higher than I had hoped but will make me stand tall.) Keep up the good advise.
    Gail

38. February 2, 2016 / 7:19 pm

Hi i really loved your post, i really wish to match my shoes with my hand bags.. i even have 5 pairs of hand bags and matching shoes (basic colours, white, red,blue,black,nude) just a little unsure.. is that okey to style like that in office space.. though i am a freelancer but for basic meetings and all?? regards

39. February 2, 2016 / 7:26 pm

again asking this question as i don't find much girls around me following this matching-matching trend. will it look old fashioned?? regards

40. Anonymous
    February 3, 2016 / 9:14 pm

Should bag, neckpiece and heels match on a plain black dress. What all can vary?

41. February 4, 2016 / 7:41 am

HI there Wordsmith,
    Thanks for dropping by!
    Glad to find another colleague who likes to match their shoes and bags!
    Of, course you can wear your matching shoes and handbags in the office!
    You will look very polished and complete. Also its no too old fashioned!!!!
    So enjoy,
    Regards,

42. February 4, 2016 / 7:48 am

Hi there Anonymous,
    Absolutely, you can match (or co-ordinate) your bag and heels with a similar style necklace!
    However, if you wish to vary you can. But I would suggest that your shoes and bag should match before anything else.
    Every stylishly yours,

43. February 21, 2016 / 8:23 pm

Hi Anne-Maree,

Thank you so much for opening my eyes with this article. As a 32 y/o male, I really can't say I know too much about woman's fashion, especially not the trends.

I do notice when some changes are happening though. Whether to my approval or disapproval. Usually I like to exchange my thoughts about them with girls/ladies. However, I believe that I have always been able to recognize and understand style and class. Thoughtful and tasteful matching of colors was certainly a part of it, if you asked me. To my surprise, until reading this article I had absolutely no idea that matching colors of accessories was some kind of a big NO in woman's fashion. I really thought it's almost a rule of better taste if some woman matched her shoes with her bag or another accessory. When it comes to men, rules are much stricter and it's a must. At least I believe so.

I came across this article while trying to google out what could my mother possibly pair with a bag I have ordered for her yesterday online. After I have already payed and placed the order, I figured out that the photo on the web shop wasn't showing the real color of the bag. True, the text stated "magnolia" color, which I took as a free interpretation of something that looked like ivory or eggshell to me, a color my mother could easily match with many of her garments. For the reference:

Unfortunately, my doubt in the stated text turned out to be reasonable. Googling out a bit revealed that the Furla Kelis bag, that was already on the way to my mothers address, truly is in that pastel, pale-pinkish "magnolia" color:

I have a strong belief that my mother will not like the color of this bag, but won't be honest telling me so. Since it's a present from me for the Mothers Day, I am sure that she will rather keep it as it is, than to return it and choose something else. And honestly, I have no idea what from her wardrobe could be paired with that color, except some summer, sporty and casual garments she is wearing.

Dear Anne-Marie, heaving read this article and few other from your Blog, really assured me in your opinion. What would you suggest to pair with that bag in case she decides to keep it?

Thanks in advance,
    Ivica

44. February 23, 2016 / 7:23 pm

Hi Ivica,

Lovely to hear from you. It's great to know that men are also sartorially inclined!
    Yes, I agree with you, matching colours is a rule of good taste. Just like dressing well is a form of good manners.

Now to your mother's Furla handbag. It's beautiful and a quality Italian product.

I can understand your frustration. The inability to see the true colour of any product, just like the issue of fit and feel, is something online will never be able to properly address.

However, all is not lost. Pastel or pale pink is quite lovely — and is particularly for a more mature woman. Perhaps not a classic tone in the realm of bone or ivory, but pastel pink is close enough to nude.

In fact, Pantone just announced their colours of the year for 2016 — rose quartz and serenity blue. Two beautiful colours. So I feel perhaps that the bag and the colour is very on-trend.
    (read here … http://www.pantone.com/color-of-the-year-2016)

I'm not sure what hemisphere you and your mother live in, but she will be able to wear the bag with black, navy and charcoal grey pieces in the cooler months. And with white, pale grey and other brights in summer. It's a colour that can work equally for elegant and smart casual.

It might be hard to find a matching shoe, but you never know — someone somewhere will do a pale pink shoe, particularly now in light of the Pantone colours of the year announcement.

However, there is nothing wrong with your mother just wearing the bag as a statement piece. As long as what she's wearing and her other accessories are one colour.

I hope this comes as some comfort and your mother enjoys her new purchase.

Ever stylishly yours,

45. May 29, 2016 / 12:03 pm

Hi there! Great blog post.
    I have just recently bought a navy dress in a very classic style for a 21st and I bought a black bag to go with it. I was planning to wear black shoes but they make the outfit look like a work outfit, not a party one. I was thinking of getting nude strappy heels but would those clash with the black bag? Please help!

46. May 29, 2016 / 12:28 pm

Hey Hannah,
    Thanks for dropping by!
    A 21st sounds like fun!
    Personally I would wear black shoes to match a black bag. But for a party I would choose a sexy strappy pair. Do you have some sexy heels?
    However, nude shoes are great to wear back with navy, but I would suggest a nude or neutral-coloured bag.
    But if you must use a black bag, maybe choose a smaller clutch style.
    Enjoy the party.

47. June 9, 2016 / 6:49 am

I like the continuity of a nude shoe and the effect it has of elongating the leg. My personal favorite is blending the shoe to the hemline–always classic! Then, I choose a bag that serves as a complementary accent to the ensemble. Gina.

the leg.

• Anne-Maree
      July 11, 2016 / 6:44 pm

Hi Gina,
      Thanks for dropping by.
      I also love how a nude shoe elongates the leg!
      I also love your idea of matching your shoe to the hemline. It is very classic and old school, and allows you to choose a bag as a complementary accent. The same idea can be applied to men matching their socks to their hemline.
      Ever stylishly yours … AMGx

48. Barbara
    August 10, 2016 / 7:58 pm

Going to wedding have black dress green shoes and green clutch bag what jewellery should l wear

• Anne-Maree
      August 10, 2016 / 8:16 pm

Hey Barbara,
      Thanks for dropping by.
      The green shoes and clutch bag sound fantastic! Colours you don’t see that often.
      Without knowing the neckline of the dress, or the style, I’d suggest an amazing statement necklace that has complementary black and green stones. Alternatively look for a plain black or green necklace.
      Not a necklace person? Then look for large cuffs in black or green resin or plastics. Maybe even a statement drop earring in black resin or plastics. Italian designer Angela Caputi does some great ones. As does Australian brand Dinosaur Designs.
      Failing that, keep it simple and go with either gold or silver … depending on your skin tone.
      But whatever your choice, enjoy yourself!
      Ever stylishly yours,

49. September 10, 2016 / 12:11 am

I’m really inspired with your writing abilities and also with the layout
    to your weblog. Is that this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself?
    Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it’s uncommon to look a nice weblog like this one these days..

• Anne-Maree
      September 25, 2016 / 12:00 pm

Hi There,
      Thank you for your kind words.
      And yes, it is a paid theme from Pipdig. But I modified it within the limits of the theme.
      Regards,